Altipiani del Vezzena Dairy was founded in 2005, from the merging of two dairies, Lavarone and Folgaria-Costa. The location is the historical one of Lavarone, dated back to 1864.
The milk is collected from the land of Folgaria-Lavarone, Luserna and the passo Vezzena. During summer, the milk is collected only from the following mountain dairies: malga Millegrobbe in Lavarone, malga Zonta Melenia and Pioverna Alta in Folgaria, malga Costesin in Luserna and malga Campo Luzzo.
Only the summer production is marked with the "M" of Malga and is a Slow Food Presidium. Every year the dairy produces about 5.000 wheels of Vezzena and 2.000 wheels of Vezzena di Malga.