Macelleria Marini - Ferruccia Agliana (PT)
Macelleria Marini was founded in 1904 by Angelo Marini in the small village of Ferruccia Agliana (PT). During those years the nephew of Angelo, Lido, and his son Marco, were also involved in the butchery.
Today the family company is run by Marco and his wife, Patrizia, together with their sons, Nicola and Manuel. In 2007 the ancient butcher shop was replaced by a new one, build in a farmhouse very closed to the old shop.
The cellars of the farmhouse are now used for maturing their hams. Macelleria Marini has for the last four generations been processing pork.
The careful choice of the meat and the rest of the ingredients, the ancient method of processing the meat and the seasoning in air are some of the secrets of the quality of the Tuscan salamis produced by Nicola and Manuel Marini and his parents, all according to family traditions.